If you you're considering adding calligraphy to your wedding details, you're in the right place. There are a few things to consider in booking time for wedding calligraphy. Here's a great article on theknot.com about wedding calligraphy.
First, please contact me with any inquiries or to request your date for calligraphy services - email@example.com and we can review your details.
MODERN CLASSIC • this is my signature style and it is timeless and elegant with classic flourishing details
- I'm happy to send a sample of one or all of the above styles
toyou to review. If your stationery has a particular style of calligraphy you would like to mimic, I can review and answer as to whether or not it's a possibility to do so.
- Once you've ordered your wedding
suite ormade your decision on paper goods, you need to plan on ordering 20% more envelopes. Calligraphers are humans working with bottles of ink and occasionally things happen. This is very typical in the calligraphy business. Any unused paper will be returned to you with your completed order.
For envelope addressing:
I need names and/or addresses TYPED and in regular address layout/not straight across. Please compile the lists in the exact format in which you would like us to use. For example: Mr.
vsMister, Ave. vsAvenue, Doctor vsDr., etc. You can view a great etiquette guide on invite addressing from Martha Stewart Weddings here. Once we have received the list, I will follow it EXACTLY as it is spelled and formatted on the list. Please consider having a friend proofread before sending to me. Here's an example:
HoneyhillPlace Smalltown, Arkansas
72921 (if we're doing the zip on another line only)
You can create your list in Excel or Word or any other typed program and enclose with paper goods or email.
- Because I am not a full-time calligrapher, I require two weeks per 100 envelopes. That means if you have 200 invitations – you'll want to have your stationery in my hands, deposit paid and contracted confirmed at least 5 (
preferrably6) weeks before the date you plan to mail. (Remember, you still have to stuff and stamp.) Please book your dates accordingly to ensure your order is complete in time. If all required items are not received in the appropriate time frame prior to the date you would like them completed, a minimum of $75 rush fee will be added to your final invoice. These items include, but are not limited to:
allpaper products, plus the required extra
addresslist or typed copy of what you want written in calligraphy
- If the time frame is open for your order, a $50.00 deposit/minimum order is required to reserve the work-time on my calendar. This deposit is non-refundable and will be subtracted from your total invoice.
- Once we hammer out the details for your specific order, I'll send an invoice/contract that outlines the pricing, delivery date and details for the client. You will simply need to reply to the email confirming you're in agreeance with the terms and then I'm happy to start. I cannot start the order until I've received acceptance of the terms in writing and the paid deposit.
- Any shipping charges (to and from) are the responsibility of the client. Although your items are packaged with care and all precautions are taken to ensure safety, I cannot assume responsible for any postal damages, acts of God or other incidents after it leaves my studio via post. Pick-up/delivery from Shindig Paperie is included with regular pricing.
- Mistakes and errors: If the calligrapher is reponsible for any mistakes, the mistake will be corrected and sent back at no charge. If the error is that of the client’s, you will be charged for each extra envelope or billed again for the calligraphy work and any shipping charges. (including vows, poems, etc) Whichever applies to your order. On envelope orders, it's recommend the calligrapher holding extra envelopes until the envelopes are mailed and there are no other addresses to be added and no known errors.
- You will not receive the complete and finished order until the agreed upon total for services is paid in full. Payment is accepted by check or Paypal and must be cashed/verified prior to delivery. I'm happy to accept a check mailed one week prior to the delivery date listed on the invoice/contract. Please note if paying by check/checking account on Paypal.com: there will be a few days before the payment goes through while Paypal verifies payment, which can delay delivery.